NOW SEARCHING FOR NEW ARTISTS!

I adore showing off new stores! I want to see the next Big Thing!

If you have recently opened up a shop online to share your work and wares I would like to interview you. In other words, free advertising here! Please contact me for information.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Artist Interview: SilverOpal

Artist: Meilikki Grondin of Braintree, MA


1.What do you make?
I make all sorts of opal jewelry set in sterling silver.


2.Are your items sold at any brick and mortar stores?
I am currently in negotiations with a shop on the beach in New Port Rhode Island.


3.What inspired you to start selling your work?
I ended up getting so many requests for my pieces; It was the logical next step.
I thoroughly enjoy getting up everyday and working with the most gorgeous stones on earth!


4.What is something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do or make?
I want to learn any and all old crafts, weaving, pottery, hedge craft etc.


5.Do you sell at festivals or markets? How does this compare to online sales?
I am looking into selling at King Richard's Faire in Carver Massachusettes, on weekends in September and October.

6.Outside of your shop life, what else do you do?
I act, sing and dance for fun.


7.What has been your biggest ever sale?
A four inch pendant with brilliant opal teardrops. It sold for $750.


8.What kind of things do you have planned for the future of your business?
In the near future I plan on opening a shop to sell renaissance jewelry and in the distant future I plan to make custom bridal jewelry in opals.


9.What other information would you like to provide shoppers about your shop?
The vast majority of opal jewelry is made in Australia; I make all my pieces here in the USA.
I only sell jewelry that is silver in colour, sterling, white gold, platinum etc. No yellow gold.


10.What is the best piece of advice you've ever received, regarding business or otherwise?
Get right in there and study all you can about the other companies in your field, see what you can expect and what really works.


11.Do you have a blog or any other websites? Let me know so I can make them known!
I am planning on opening up a site on Silveropal.com in a few months so keep a lookout!



In celebration of October's birth stone (Opals!), Meilikki has graciously offered a grand coupon!

Please use the code SuzLuc in the message to seller when you make your purchase, and do not pay until Meilikke has sent you a new invoice.

No comments: