NOW SEARCHING FOR NEW ARTISTS!

I adore showing off new stores! I want to see the next Big Thing!

If you have recently opened up a shop online to share your work and wares I would like to interview you. In other words, free advertising here! Please contact me for information.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Project

I am proud to announce I am starting a new line of products for my shop!

I am creating children's artwork, made of felt. Their purpose will be created in a way to inspire story telling in children and families, and will feature various scenes for each "Story". Most pieces will be rather simple, yet symetrical and balanced. They will all be framed w/ glass, and will be meant to last.

My new beauties won't officially be revealed for sale until closer to Christmas. I will then post one "Story", complete w/ four pieces for sale seperate or together at a discount. Come the Santa Fe Spring Arts Festival here in April of 2009, I hope to present more "Stories", as well as a couple larger, one-of-a-kind, special addition pieces.

I am very excited about how this project is beginning. I have looked around for other people that offer similar items and have turned up virtually nothing! I want you to get excited to so I am going to show you the beautiful work of some other felt artists, even though it be quite different from my own!
Euphie Guinea Pig by FireHorseTextiles
Hamsters are in the animal kingdom, equivalent to what a slap bracelet is in the jewelry world: an essential to ever child's development. But if your child is allergic, or you just want to commemorate the passing of you favorite childhood hamster, this felt picture would probably do the trick.

Cherry Blossom Pin, white, by lupin

What a beauty this is! It almost looks like a real flower, let alone the felt that it is! And how cute would this be in your hair!

Colour Wave Felt Toy - Blue by Muju

This felt robot alien creature is possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I envy the maker. I wonder if she would like to do an interview with me...

Squids Garden Original Art Piece by FaffCreations

How cute! It's so intricate and well laid out. This is currently the only one she has on her website, but I do hope she posts some new scenes as well!

No comments: