NOW SEARCHING FOR NEW ARTISTS!

I adore showing off new stores! I want to see the next Big Thing!

If you have recently opened up a shop online to share your work and wares I would like to interview you. In other words, free advertising here! Please contact me for information.

Friday, March 27, 2009

I HAVE kept busy.

As you know, I returned to school this term for another goal at finding the right fit of a career for me. Most of these pieces are carry over from what I produced there in Illustration classes, and many of these I may use in my professional portfolio later on.

I have enjoyed doing some of these styles so much that I have begun searching out people to commission me to do more. I am also creating similar pieces for gifts. Look forward to more this year family!

One of my favorite new things lately is creating terrariums. I have never had a green thumb. I don't think I can emphasize the never part enough. I buy a couple small plants a year, and make my efforts, but always my flaky forgetfulness ends up foiling my plans. This year, after viewing so many terrariums lately on Etsy, I decided to start easier (and so much cooler) than one plant that depends totally on me. A mini eco-system that supports itself is so much more ...convenient for me! This is just one of them (I have about 6 right now), next to one of the only plants that has survived me more than a year!

Of course I am still creating jewelry, but I am sad to admit it has been a bit on the back burner. But a good ol' friend from college recently commissioned me to create a set of jewelry for his girlfriend's birthday. This is the pair of earrings, of which I fell in love with and if I ever get my ears pierced, will probably make a pair of these for myself.


This is a pen & ink portrait I stipled for Illustration class. It is my niece Brianna, of who you can see pictures of on my Facebook page. Let me know if you can't find me there for some reason! (Currently, it is on display at the school. Yay!)


This is a linocut I created for school. It is a piece from a three part series, and one of the pieces, an all black print is also on display. If you are not familiar with linocuts, I carve into a block, roll it with ink on top, and press the paper to it. Time consuming, but I love how they look.


I enjoyed doing the linocuts so much that I decided to branch out. This is one I created after my sister's college graduation, for my grandmother and aunt (the women on the left and right, respectively).


This is a portrait of my husband I created for Illustration, made by layer different colored papers. I love looking at his beautiful face.


This is also a paper-cutting, with looots of layers. The purpose of this piece was to be a stamp series illustrating how adults should teach children to appreciate nature, and each corner represents a single stamp.


This is part of a four piece paper-cutting series, concerning the color wheel and how to pair up colors. Elementary, my dear Watosn.


Thanks for lookin!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow Stace, you're amazing! I didn't know you could draw like that!

And I CAN'T believe you don't have your ears pierced! I didn't realize! I guess that's why you're so into necklaces. :)

The Fern and Mossery said...

Those are great terrariums and I also love your artwork. For tips on how to keep your terrariums thriving check out my blog:
http://thefernandmossery.blogspot.com/